Kovalevsky: Cherubic Hymn

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
      Can anyone guide me to a source of the sheet music please? For identification purposes you can hear a sample here

      https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/hymne-des-cherubins/id140851688?i=140851412

      Thank you for your time.
      Mike
    • Alex Primak
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
        The "London Sbornik" has about three or four of Kovalevksky's Cherubic Hymns. I might be completely wrong, but I think the one you want is No. 81 (pg 85). I found a link to scans of the whole compilation here:
        https://user.in-berlin.de/~viola/LondonSbornik/ (the cherubic hymns are in file 07)
        Alex
        To: ustav@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
          On 5.2.2013 5:26, Alex Primak wrote:
          > The "London Sbornik" has about three or four of Kovalevksky's
          > Cherubic Hymns. I might be completely wrong, but I think the
          > one you want is No. 81 (pg 85). I found a link to scans of the
          > whole compilation here:
          > https://user.in-berlin.de/~viola/LondonSbornik/ (the cherubic
          > hymns are in file 07)

          This is the one to the "Vidya razboinik" melody. For your
          information, a year ago I wrote an alternative setting of the
          same chant, available here:

          http://ecmr.fi/CompSlavonic/JH-HeruvimskajaVidjaRazb.pdf

          and in MIDI format here:

          http://ecmr.fi/CompSlavonic/JH-HeruvimskajaVidjaRazb.MID

          It is shorter than Kovalevsky's, since I eliminated the excessive
          repetitions, and thus perhaps better suited to ordinary
          circumstances. The harmonization is somewhat more vivid than
          Kovalevsky's.

          - Jopi Harri