Christ is born etc.

  • S. Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
      The Typikon knows only the Paschal Greeting. As late as the 1970's the Russians in D.C. did not know of the Nativity Greeting. I know nothing of the Serbian greeting. All these other greetings including odd Theophany & Ascension greetigs are recent and appear to have arrived via the Unia. Even the "Glory to Jesus Christ" is seemingly based on the western "Praised be Jesus Christ (Laudetur Iesus Christus)."

      Dn. Sergius
    • Michel Englert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
        Yes, I think you are right, excepted for the serbian "Christos se rodi". People I knew in the russian emigration from the twenties in Beograd told me about this serbian greeting.