Re: [ChoirCues] Old Calendar Choir Cues: 23 Pentecost, 29 October/11 November 2012

  • Fr David Straut
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2012
      I think that there may be an error in the Gospel for the Sunday here. St
      Innocent's Calendar and the SJKP Calendars have the following Gospel:i

      *The Reading from the *

      *Holy Gospel according to St Luke, *

      *�38* *[8:26-39]***

      At that time, Jesus arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is
      opposite Galilee. And when He went forth to land, there met Him from the
      city a certain man who had had devils a long time, and wore no clothes,
      neither abode in any house, but in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried
      out and fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, �What have I to
      do with Thee, Jesus, Thou Son of God Most High? I beseech Thee, torment me
      not!� (For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For
      oftentimes it had caught him, and he was kept bound with chains and in
      fetters; and he broke the bands and was driven by the devil into the
      wilderness.) And Jesus asked him, saying, �What is thy name?� And he said,
      �Legion,� because many devils had entered into him. And they besought Him
      that He would not command them to go out into the deep. And there was there
      a herd of many swine feeding on the mountain. And they besought Him that He
      would suffer them to enter into them. And He suffered them. Then went the
      devils out of the man and entered into the swine, and the herd ran
      violently down a steep slope into the lake and were choked. When those who
      fed them saw what was done, they fled and went and told it in the city and
      in the country. Then they went out to see what was done. And they came to
      Jesus, and found the man out of whom the devils had departed, sitting at
      the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind. And they were afraid.
      Those also who had seen it told them by what means he that had been
      possessed by the devils was healed. Then the whole multitude of the country
      of the Gadarenes and round about besought Him to depart from them, for they
      were taken with great fear. And He went up into the boat, and returned back
      again. Now the man out of whom the devils had departed besought Him that he
      might be with Him. But Jesus sent him away, saying, �Return to thine own
      house, and show what great things God hath done unto thee.� And he went his
      way, and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had
      done unto him.

      In Christ,

      Fr David Straut