Re: Censing at a Moleben

  • subdeaconmichaelastley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2012
      Please disregard this (and pardon the "poem", which is the result of TouchPal having a mind of its own).

      I am informed that, with the exception of the insertion of an akathist, there is a never a censing at a moleben.

      I simply don't know about these things. :-)

      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "subdeaconmichaelastley" <subdeaconmichael@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends in Christ,
      >
      > I know that there isn't a censing before the Gospel at a General Moleben as it follows the pattern of Matins but what about those Molebens where the readings follow the poem as at the Liturgy? Is the a censing here? And is the Gospel read as at Matins our at the Liturgy?
      >
      > Finally, in any Moleben, is there a censing at any other point (assuming there is no Akathist)? Great or lesser, and done by deacon or priest?
      >
      > Thank you very much.
      >
      > In Christ,
      > Michael

    • priestsergeialekseev
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2012
        Censing can be done at a moleben (with no akathist) when the troparia to the saints -- to whom moleben is requested -- are sung.