Censing at a Moleben

  • subdeaconmichaelastley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2012
      Dear friends in Christ,

      I know that there isn't a censing before the Gospel at a General Moleben as it follows the pattern of Matins but what about those Molebens where the readings follow the poem as at the Liturgy? Is the a censing here? And is the Gospel read as at Matins our at the Liturgy?

      Finally, in any Moleben, is there a censing at any other point (assuming there is no Akathist)? Great or lesser, and done by deacon or priest?

      Thank you very much.

      In Christ,
      Michael
    • subdeaconmichaelastley
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2012
        Please disregard this (and pardon the "poem", which is the result of TouchPal having a mind of its own).

        I am informed that, with the exception of the insertion of an akathist, there is a never a censing at a moleben.

        I simply don't know about these things. :-)

        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "subdeaconmichaelastley" <subdeaconmichael@...> wrote:

        > Dear friends in Christ,
        >
        > I know that there isn't a censing before the Gospel at a General Moleben as it follows the pattern of Matins but what about those Molebens where the readings follow the poem as at the Liturgy? Is the a censing here? And is the Gospel read as at Matins our at the Liturgy?
        >
        > Finally, in any Moleben, is there a censing at any other point (assuming there is no Akathist)? Great or lesser, and done by deacon or priest?
        >
        > Thank you very much.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Michael

      • priestsergeialekseev
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2012
          Censing can be done at a moleben (with no akathist) when the troparia to the saints -- to whom moleben is requested -- are sung.