Old Calendar Choir Cues: 21 Pentecost, 15/28 October 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2012
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a double service
      to Venerable Euthymius the New of Thessalonica and Monk-Martyr Lucian
      of Antioch (§1B in the Order of Divine Services)). The order for
      Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a Saint. If your
      temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos, please make the
      appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel
      are indicated by the sign § and the appropriate number. A reminder:
      The Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for chanting
      according to the book put together by Dr. Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his
      website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this
      effort without his help.

      15/28 October 2012

      For the Sunday: Galatians 2:16-20 (§203)

      For the Sunday: Luke 8:5-15 (§35)

      Twenty-First Sunday after Pentecost. Venerable Euthymius the New of
      Thessalonica. Monk-Martyr Lucian, Priest of Antioch. Venerable
      Sabinus, Bishop of Catania. Martyrs Sarbelos and Bebai, his sister,
      of Edessa. Venerable John, Bishop of Suzdal. St. Dionysius,
      Archbishop of Suzdal. Monk-Martyr Lucian of the Kiev Caves. New
      Hieroconfessor Athanasius (Sakharov), Bishop of Kovrov (1962). New
      Hieromartyrs of Belorussia: Seraphim the Archimandrite, Priests
      Vladimir, Basil, Sergius, Michael, Porphyrius, Michael, Dimitry, John,
      Leonid, Alexander, Vladimir, Vladimir, Matthew, Peter, Valerian,
      Vladimir, John, Vladimir, Nicholas, John, Dimitry,. and Nicholas the
      Deacon. "She Who Ripens the Grain" Icon of the Mother of God.

      At the Third Hour:

      Resurrectional Troparion
      Troparion of St. Lucian
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      At the Sixth Hour:

      Resurrectional Troparion
      Troparion of St. Euthymius
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes): 8 Troparia from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      By the tree was Adam forced to depart from paradise; but by the Tree
      of the Cross was the thief made to dwell in paradise. For the one by
      tasting, broke the commandment of the creator; while the other,
      crucified with Him, confessed the hidden God, crying out: Remember me
      in Thy kingdom!

      O Lord Who wast lifted up upon the Cross, Who hast destroyed the power
      of death and as God hast destroyed the record of our sins, grant also
      the repentance of the thief unto us who faithfully serve Thee and cry
      out to thee, O Christ God Who alone lovest mankind: Remember us also
      in Thy kingdom!

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      On the Cross Thou didst tear asunder with the spear the record of our
      sins; and, numbered among the dead, Thou didst bind the tyrant of
      hades, O Lord Who lovest mankind, Who by Thy resurrection hast
      delivered all from the bonds of hades. Thereby have we been illumined,
      and we cry to Thee: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      O Thou Who alone art immortal, Who wast crucified and as almighty
      didst arise from the tomb on the third day, and hast raised up Adam,
      the first created: Vouchsafe that I also may turn to repentance with
      my whole heart, and may ever cry out to Thee with fervent faith:
      Remember me, O Savior, in Thy kingdom!

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      For our sake He Who is without passion became a man subject to the
      passions; and, nailed of His own will to the Cross, He hath raised us
      up with Himself. Wherefore, we glorify His Cross, passion, and
      resurrection, whereby we have been refashioned and whereby we also are
      saved, who cry out: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      O ye faithful, let us entreat Him who hath risen from the dead, hath
      made captive the dominion of hades, and wast seen by the myrrh-bearing
      women and said to them, Rejoice! that He deliver from corruption the
      souls of us who ever cry out to Him with the voice of the noble thief:
      Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      O ye faithful, let us all pray, that with one mind we may worthily
      glorify the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the unity of the
      Trinity in three Hypostases, unmingled, abiding, simple, indivisible
      and unapproachable; for thereby have we been delivered from the fiery

      O Christ, most merciful Master, Thy Mother, who gave birth unto Thee
      in the flesh without seed, the true Virgin, who remained incorrupt
      even after giving birth, do we set before Thee to make the
      supplication: Grant forgiveness of transgressions unto those who ever
      cry out to Thee: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 4: Having learned the joyful
      proclamation of the Resurrection from the angel, / and having cast off
      the ancestral condemnation, / the women disciples of the Lord / spake
      to the Apostles exultantly: / Death is despoiled / and Christ God is
      risen, // granting to the world great mercy.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of St. Euthymius, Tone 8: In thee, O father, that which is
      fashioned according to the image of God was
      preserved, / for, having taken up thy cross, thou didst follow after
      Christ, / and by thine example didst teach that the flesh is to be
      disdained as transitory, / but that the soul must be cared for as a
      thing immortal. // Wherefore, thy spirit doth rejoice with the
      angels, O venerable Euthymius.

      Troparion of St. Lucian, Tone 4: In his sufferings O Lord, / Thy
      martyr Lucian hath received an imperishable crown from Thee, our God;
      / for, possessed of Thy might, / he set at naught his tormentors and
      crushed the feeble audacity of the demons. // By his supplications
      save Thou our souls.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 4: My Savior and Redeemer / hath, as
      God, raised up the earthborn from the grave and from their fetters, /
      and He hath broken the gates of hades, / and, as Master, // hath risen
      on the third day.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Kontakion of St. Euthymius, Tone 2: Passing through the tumult of the
      multitude dryshod, / thou didst utterly drown the incorporeal foe in
      the streams of thy tears, / O venerable and divinely wise Euthymius; /
      and receiving the gift of miracles, / thou healest all sufferings. //
      Pray thou unceasingly for us all.

      Kontakion of St. Lucian, Tone 2: With hymns let us all gloriously
      honor as a most splendid luminary / Lucian, who shown forth in
      asceticism / and later was radiant in suffering, // and who prayeth
      unceasingly for us all.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      Reader: The Prokeimenon in the 4th Tone: How magnified are Thy works O
      Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Choir: How magnified are Thy works O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Reader: Bless the Lord, O my soul; O Lord my God, Thou hast been
      magnified exceedingly.
      Choir: How magnified are Thy works O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Reader: How magnified are Thy works O Lord!
      Choir: In wisdom hast Thou made them all.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to
      the Galatians.

      [Galatians 2:16-20, §203]: Brethren: Knowing that a man is not
      justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ,
      even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by
      the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works
      of the law shall no flesh be justified. * But if, while we seek to be
      justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore
      Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. * For if I build again the
      things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. * For I
      through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. * I am
      crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ
      liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the
      faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 4th Tone:
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Bend Thy bow, and proceed prosperously, and be king, because
      of truth and meekness and righteousness.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Thou hast loved righteousness and hated iniquity.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

      [Luke 8:5-15, §35]: The Lord spoke this parable: A sower went out to
      sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was
      trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. * And some fell
      upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away,
      because it lacked moisture. * And some fell among thorns; and the
      thorns sprang up with it, and choked it. * And other fell on good
      ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had
      said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
      * And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? *
      And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom
      of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and
      hearing they might not understand. * Now the parable is this: The seed
      is the word of God. * Those by the way side are they that hear; then
      cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest
      they should believe and be saved. * They on the rock are they, which,
      when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root,
      which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. * And
      that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go
      forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this
      life, and bring no fruit to perfection. * But that on the good ground
      are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word,
      keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

      It is truly meet to bless thee, O Theotokos...

      Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Alleluia,
      Alleluia, Alleluia!