Gadarenes, Gerasenes or Gergesenes?

  • starina77
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2012
      I was doing some research this morning (regarding the now-extinct Paleoslavonic letter "djerv", which was used to spell a few place names transliterated from Hebrew, such as Gehenna, Geneseret and Gerasenes), and I found the following article. Of course it's not an earth-moving subject, but I found it interesting how an error in geographical place names has been a part of the KJV textual tradition.

      http://www.jcsm.org/biblelessons/Gadarenes.htm