Re: Name that tune

  • prov1517
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      Which is meaning, "From the rising to the setting of the sun, the name of the Lord is to be praised. Blessed be the name of the Lord from henceforth and forever more."

      Sung for the Patriarch and, according to the book that Jordanville sent us in preparation for Met. Laurus' visit some years back, occasionally "accidentally" sung when greeting other bishops. I didn't know we didn't have to sing it, and could not find a setting we could actually sing in Slavonic, so we learned it in English, only to be told it need not be done. We live, we learn, and we have something new to sing before Holy Communion!

      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "James Silver" <frjsilver@...> wrote:

      > Psalm 112:3, 2 _ot" vostok" solntsa do zapad" khval'no imya gospodne budi
      > imya_ itd.
      >
      > Monk James

    • Mark Bohush
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2012