Old Calendar Choir Cues: 30 July/12 August 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a simple service
      to Apostles Silas and Silvanus (§1B in the Order of Divine Services).
      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, translations are from other sources, and are
      not my own. Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel are indicated by the
      sign §, followed by the appropriate number. Please also note that the
      Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for singing
      according to the Divine Liturgy book put together by Dr. Timothy
      Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford for the materials on his website
      (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this effort
      without his help.

      30 July/12 August 2012

      TENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST -- Tone 1

      Epistle: 1 Corinthians 4:9-16 (§131)
      Gospel: Matthew 17:14-23 (§72)

      Tenth Sunday after Pentecost. Apostles of the Seventy Silas and
      Silvanus, and those with them: Crescens, Epenetus and Andronicus.
      Hieromartyrs Polychronius, Bishop of Babylon; Parmenius, Elimas, and
      Chrysotelus the priests; Luke and Mocius the Deacons; Abdon, Sennen,
      Olympius, and Maximus. Hieromartyr Valentine, Bishop of Interamna
      (Terni) in Italy, and martyrs Proculus, Ephebus, Apollonius, and
      Abundius. Martyr John the Soldier. St. Timothy II, the Confessor,
      Patriarch of Alexandria. Venerable Angelina of Serbia. Finding of
      the relics of Right-Believing Prince Vladislav of Serbia. Finding of
      the relics of Venerable Herman of Solovki. Venerable Anatole of
      Optina, the Younger (1922). Icon of the Mother of God "Okonskaya."

      HOURS

      At all Hours:

      Troparion of the Apostles
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes)
      8 from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      Through food did the enemy lead Adam forth from paradise; but by the
      Cross hath Christ led back to it the thief who cried: Remember me when
      Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

      With Adam and the thief I worship Thy sufferings and glorify Thy
      resurrection; and I cry out with a splendid voice: Remember me, O
      Lord, when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      O Sinless One, of Thine own will Thou wast crucified and placed in the
      Tomb, yet Thou didst arise as God, raising up with Thyself Adam who
      crieth out: Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      Raising up the temple of Thy body by Thy resurrection on the third
      day, O Christ God, Thou didst raise up Adam and his descendants who
      cry: Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom!

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      Very early, the myrrh-bearing women arrived, weeping, at Thy tomb, O
      Christ God; and they found an angel sitting there, clad in white
      garments, who said: What seek ye? Christ is risen! Lament no longer!

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      When Thine apostles went to the mountain whither Thou hadst commanded
      them to go, and saw Thee, O Savior, they worshipped Thee; and Thou
      didst send them unto the nations, to teach and baptize them.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      Let us worship the Father, let us glorify the Son, and together let us
      hymn the all-holy Spirit, crying out and saying: O most Holy Trinity,
      save us all!

      Thy people bring Thy Mother before Thee to make supplication, O
      Christ. Through her entreaties grant us Thy compassions, O Good One,
      that we may glorify Thee Who hast shone forth upon us from the tomb.

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 1: When the stone had been sealed by
      the Jews, / and the soldiers were guarding Thine immaculate Body, /
      Thou didst rise on the third day, O Savior, / granting life unto the
      world. / Wherefore, the hosts of the Heavens cried out to Thee, O
      Life-Giver: / Glory to Thy Resurrection, O Christ! / Glory to Thy
      Kingdom! // Glory to Thy dispensation, O only Lover of mankind!

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of the Apostles, Tone 3: O holy Apostles, / intercede with
      the merciful God, // that He grant unto our souls forgiveness of
      offenses.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 1: As God, Thou didst rise from the
      tomb in glory, / and Thou didst raise the world together with Thyself.
      / And mortal nature praiseth Thee as God, / and death hath vanished. /
      And Adam danceth, O Master, / and Eve, now freed from fetters,
      rejoiceth as she crieth out: / Thou art He, O Christ, // that grantest
      unto all Resurrection.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Glory…

      Kontakion of the Apostles, Tone 4: Ye were shown to be branches of
      the vine of Christ, / bearing clusters of the virtues, / pouring forth
      upon us the wine of salvation, O wise ones, / which receiving, we are
      filled with gladness, / celebrating your most honored memory, /
      whereon pray ye, O apostles of the Lord, // for the remission of our
      sins.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokimenon in the 1st Tone: Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be
      upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
      Choir: Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
      Reader: Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright.
      Choir: Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we have hoped in Thee.
      Reader: Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us.
      Choir: According as we have hoped in Thee.

      Reader: The Reading is from the First Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul
      to the Corinthians.

      [1 Corinthians 4:9-16, §131]: Brethren: I think that God hath set
      forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are
      made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. * We are
      fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but
      ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. * Even unto
      this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are
      buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; * And labour, working
      with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we
      suffer it: * Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of
      the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. * I
      write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn
      you. * For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have
      ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through
      the gospel. * Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 1st Tone:
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: O God who givest avengement unto me and hast subdued people under me.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: It is He that magnifieth the salvation of His king and worketh
      mercy for His anointed, for David and for His seed unto eternity.

      [Matthew 17:14-23, §72]: At that time, there came to Jesus a certain
      man, kneeling down to him, and saying, * Lord, have mercy on my son:
      for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the
      fire, and oft into the water. * And I brought him to thy disciples,
      and they could not cure him. * Then Jesus answered and said, O
      faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how
      long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. * And Jesus rebuked
      the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from
      that very hour. * Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said,
      Why could not we cast him out? * And Jesus said unto them, Because of
      your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain
      of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to
      yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible
      unto you. * Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
      * And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of
      man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: * And they shall kill
      him, and the third day he shall be raised again.

      DOSTOINIK

      "It is truly meet..."

      COMMUNION

      Verse: Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest!
      Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!