Re: Parastas on the Apodosis of Pascha

  • Joseph
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2012
      FWIW - in the Ruthenian Church, I've now cantored a funeral on the leave-taking of Pascha two years in a row. Our parish priest is very knowledgeable about such things. He instructed me consistently on both occasions to take everything from our service book as if it were Bright Week. The most noticeable difference for us was substitution of the Hymns of Farewell with the Paschal Canons.

      ... and I believe "through Ascension" should be taken to mean up to Vespers on the evening before Ascension Thursday.