Request for Old Believer Order of Baptism and Chrismation

  • Oleg Bych
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2011
      Dear Ustavniki,

      Does anyone on Ustav have a Church Slavonic Potrebnik giving the Order of Baptism and Chrismation celebrated by the Old Believers? Or at least can anyone give a good lead to an Old Believer website where this service may be found?

      With profound gratitude,

      Reader Oleh Bych

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Oleg Bych <teach1@...> wrote:

        > Dear Ustavniki,
        >
        > Does anyone on Ustav have a Church Slavonic Potrebnik giving the Order of Baptism and Chrismation celebrated by the Old Believers? Or at least can anyone give a good lead to an Old Believer website where this service may be found?
        >
        > With profound gratitude,
        >
        > Reader Oleh Bych

        Dear Reader Oleh,

        I see that no one has responded to your query. Try the "Old-Rite" Yahoo Group. Nikita Simmons, who posts here, will have the information you need. I expect he has been too busy recently to check his on-line forums; a query to Old-Rite might get his attention.

        Stephen
      • starina77
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
          Dear Oleg,

          Forgive me, but the translation I have is "proprietary", and I do not have authorisation to release it. You will have to contact Fr. Pimen at the Church of the Nativity in Erie, PA for a copy. If you want a copy of the Slavonic, I could hunt through my archives and find one for you (in digital format).

          Nikita

          --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "stephen_r1937" <stephen_r1937@...> wrote:

          > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Oleg Bych <teach1@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Dear Ustavniki,
          > >
          > > Does anyone on Ustav have a Church Slavonic Potrebnik giving the Order of Baptism and Chrismation celebrated by the Old Believers? Or at least can anyone give a good lead to an Old Believer website where this service may be found?
          > >
          > > With profound gratitude,
          > >
          > > Reader Oleh Bych

          > Dear Reader Oleh,
          >
          > I see that no one has responded to your query. Try the "Old-Rite" Yahoo Group. Nikita Simmons, who posts here, will have the information you need. I expect he has been too busy recently to check his on-line forums; a query to Old-Rite might get his attention.
          >
          > Stephen

        • Oleg Bych
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
            Nikita,
            I do read Old Slavonic, so when you find it in your archives, kindly forward it at your convenience. May God reward your time and generosity!
            Reader Oleg