And error in the rubrics for this coming Sunday

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2011
      The rubrics for the Liturgy for this coming Sunday had errors that all relate to the fact that the readings for the saints of the day were erroneously omitted:

      This is what the rubrics should read:

      Prokimenon: Tone 4: How magnified are Thy works O Lord. &
      Tone 4:In the saints that are in His
      earth hath the Lord been wondrous.
      Epistle: Galatians 2:16-20
      (§203); Hebrews 11:33-40 (§330).
      Alleluia,
      Tone 4.
      Gospel: Luke 16:19-31 (§83);
      Matthew 10:32-33,37-38;19:27-30 (§38).Communion Hymn: Praise the Lord in the heavens. & Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous.

      Errors. as they are discovered are noted on this page: http://www.saintjonah.org/rub/rub_2011_errata.htm

      The rubrics posted online are correct: http://www.saintjonah.org/rub/rub_october24.htm

      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.