Looking for an arrangement

  • Philip Silouan Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2011
      Apologies in advance as this is only tangential to the group's topic,
      but I suspect members of this group will have the answer I'm looking for:

      Many years ago I heard a version of "Receive the Body of Christ" and
      lately I've been remembering it. It went something like this:
      http://silouanthompson.net/images/receive.jpg

      Does that sound familiar? Does anyone here have an arrangement of that
      melody, or know where I could get it? I'm trying to recall or recreate
      the harmonies I remember but I'm not satisfied with the results.

      In Christ,

      Silouan
    • Rebekah
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
        There are quite a few settings for this hymn here:

        http://podoben.com/liturgymixed.htm

        I looked through them and didn't find any that were the same, but a few had similar elements in the beginning.

        Matushka Rebekah

        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Philip Silouan Thompson <himself@...> wrote:

        > Apologies in advance as this is only tangential to the group's topic,
        > but I suspect members of this group will have the answer I'm looking for:
        >
        > Many years ago I heard a version of "Receive the Body of Christ" and
        > lately I've been remembering it. It went something like this:
        > http://silouanthompson.net/images/receive.jpg
        >
        > Does that sound familiar? Does anyone here have an arrangement of that
        > melody, or know where I could get it? I'm trying to recall or recreate
        > the harmonies I remember but I'm not satisfied with the results.
        >
        > In Christ,
        >
        > Silouan

      • Jared Brewer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2011
          Silouan,

          Did you find what you were looking for? Your melody is similar to the
          Valaam melody - see here: http://www.monkhood.narod.ru/nots/pdf/telo06.pdf

          I have this in English (but will need to scan it and email it to you) if
          this is what you are looking for.

          In Christ,
          Jared