History of the Octoechos

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2011
      Does anybody know of a resource in English that discusses the history
      of the Octoechos? I know that it was developed by St. John of
      Damascus, but how did he come up with that plan? What preceded it?
      Did anybody else have any input?

      Just some questions that it would be useful to know, in case our
      parish ever does a study session on the subject. Thanks in advance --