Patronal Feasts

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      In the 2012 St. Innocent Calendar, we are going to have an appendix on the celebration of a patronal feast which condenses the chapter in the typikon on that subject, and so we have the information on how the service itself is changed when a Patronal feast falls on a Sunday. However, I would like to add some more information about the normal parish practices that are done on a patronal feast. Obviously a cross-procession would be one. The lesser blessing of the waters would be another. What other things should be added?
      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.