Old Calendar Choir Cues: 29 Pentecost, 29 November/12 December 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2010
      The SJKP Liturgical Calendar specifies: "A simple service to Martyr
      Paramon (§1A)."

      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel
      are now a standard feature, indicated by the sign § and the
      appropriate number.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his
      website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this
      effort without his help.

      29 November/12 December 2010

      TWENTY-NINTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST -- Tone 4

      Epistle: 1 Timothy 1:15-17 (§280 from the midpoint)
      Gospel: Luke 13:10-17 (§71)

      Twenty-Ninth Sunday after Pentecost. Martyr Paramon and 370 martyrs
      in Bithynia. St. Acacius of Sinai, who is mentioned in "The Ladder."
      Martyr Philoumenus of Ancyra, and with him Martyrs Valerian and
      Phaedrus. St. Nectarius the Obedient of the Kiev Caves. St.
      Dionysius, Bishop of Corinth. St. Pitirim of Egypt, disciple of St.
      Anthony the Great. Hieromartyr Abibus, Bishop of Nekressi in Georgia.
      Hieromartyr Saturninus, Bishop of Toulouse (third century). Greek
      Calendar: St. Nicholas, Archbishop of Thessalonica. Hieromartyr John
      of Persia. St. Urban of Macedonia, Bishop. St. Pancosmius, monk.

      HOURS

      At all Hours:

      Troparion of St. Paramon
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes): 8 Troparia from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      By the tree was Adam forced to depart from paradise; but by the Tree
      of the Cross was the thief made to dwell in paradise. For the one by
      tasting, broke the commandment of the creator; while the other,
      crucified with Him, confessed the hidden God, crying out: Remember me
      in Thy kingdom!

      O Lord Who wast lifted up upon the Cross, Who hast destroyed the power
      of death and as God hast destroyed the record of our sins, grant also
      the repentance of the thief unto us who faithfully serve Thee and cry
      out to thee, O Christ God Who alone lovest mankind: Remember us also
      in Thy kingdom!

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      On the Cross Thou didst tear asunder with the spear the record of our
      sins; and, numbered among the dead, Thou didst bind the tyrant of
      hades, O Lord Who lovest mankind, Who by Thy resurrection hast
      delivered all from the bonds of hades. Thereby have we been
      illumined, and we cry to Thee: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      O Thou Who alone art immortal, Who wast crucified and as almighty
      didst arise from the tomb on the third day, and hast raised up Adam,
      the first created: Vouchsafe that I also may turn to repentance with
      my whole heart, and may ever cry out to Thee with fervent faith:
      Remember me, O Savior, in Thy kingdom!

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      For our sake He Who is without passion became a man subject to the
      passions; and, nailed of His own will to the Cross, He hath raised us
      up with Himself. Wherefore, we glorify His Cross, passion, and
      resurrection, whereby we have been refashioned and whereby we also are
      saved, who cry out: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      O ye faithful, let us entreat Him who hath risen from the dead, hath
      made captive the dominion of hades, and wast seen by the myrrh-bearing
      women and said to them: “Rejoice!”, that He deliver from corruption
      the souls of us who ever cry out to Him with the voice of the noble
      thief: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      O Ye faithful, let us all pray, that with one mind we may worthily
      glorify the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, the unity of the
      Trinity in three Hypostases, unmingled, abiding, simple, indivisible
      and unapproachable; for thereby have we been delivered from the fiery
      torment.

      O Christ, most merciful Master, Thy Mother, who gave birth unto Thee
      in the flesh without seed, the true Virgin, who remained incorrupt
      even after giving birth, do we set before Thee to make the
      supplication: Grant forgiveness of transgressions unto those who ever
      cry out to Thee: Remember us also in Thy kingdom!

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 4: Having learned the joyful
      proclamation of the Resurrection from the angel, / and having cast off
      the ancestral condemnation, / the women disciples of the Lord / spake
      to the apostles exultantly: / Death is despoiled / and Christ God is
      risen, // granting to the world great mercy.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 4: My Savior and Redeemer / hath, as
      God, raised up the earthborn from the grave and from their fetters, /
      and He hath broken the gates of hades, / and, as Master, // hath risen
      on the third day.

      Glory…

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokeimenon in the Fourth Tone: How magnified are Thy
      works O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Choir: How magnified are Thy works O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Reader: Bless the Lord, O my soul; O Lord my God, Thou hast been
      magnified exceedingly.
      Choir: How magnified are Thy works O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.
      Reader: How magnified are Thy works O Lord!
      Choir: In wisdom hast Thou made them all.

      Reader: The Reading is from the First Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul
      to Timothy.

      [1 Timothy 1:15-17, §280 from the midpoint]: Timothy, my son: This
      is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus
      came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. * Howbeit for
      this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew
      forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter
      believe on him to life everlasting. * Now unto the King eternal,
      immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever
      and ever. Amen.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 4th Tone:
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Bend Thy bow, and proceed prosperously, and be king, because
      of truth and meekness and righteousness.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Thou hast loved righteousness and hated iniquity.

      [Luke 13:10-17, §71]: At that time, the Lord was teaching in one of
      the synagogues on the sabbath. * And, behold, there was a woman which
      had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and
      could in no wise lift up herself. * And when Jesus saw her, he called
      her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine
      infirmity. * And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was
      made straight, and glorified God. * And the ruler of the synagogue
      answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the
      sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men
      ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the
      sabbath day. * The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite,
      doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from
      the stall, and lead him away to watering? * And ought not this woman,
      being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen
      years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? * And when he had
      said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the
      people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.

      DOSTOINIK

      It is truly meet to bless thee, the Theotokos...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord in the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Alleluia,
      Alleluia, Alleluia!