Old Calendar Choir Cues: 1 Pentecost, All Saints, 17/30 May 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2010
      The SJKP Liturgical Calendar specifies: "The service from the
      Pentecostarion [§4B17]. The service to Apostle Andronicus is
      transferred too Little Compline on the eve of 18 May."

      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel
      are now a standard feature, indicated by the sign §, followed by a

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford and Father John McCuen, as always, for
      the materials they put together. I could not undertake this effort
      without their help.

      17/30 May 2010
      FIRST SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST (1 Pentecost) - Tone 8
      Sunday of All Saints
      Epistle: Hebrews 11:33-12:2a (§330)
      Gospel: Matthew 10:32-33, 37-38; 19:27-30 (§38)

      First Sunday after Pentecost - All Saints. Apostle Andronicus of the
      Seventy and his fellow laborer Junia. St. Stephen, Archbishop of
      Constantinople. Martyrs Solochon, Pamphamer, and Pamphalon at
      Chalcedon. Translation of the relics of St. Adrian, Abbot of
      Ondrusov. Saints Nectarius and Theophanes of Meteora. St. Euphrosyne
      (Princess Eudocia) of Moscow. Greek Calendar: St. Athanasius the
      New, wonder-worker of Christianopolis.

      At all Hours:

      Resurrectional Troparion
      Troparion of All Saints
      Both now...

      Kontakion of All Saints

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes)
      4 from the Resurrectional Canon; 4 from Ode 6 of the Canon for All Saints

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      Remember us, O Christ, Thou Savior of the world, as Thou didst
      remember the thief upon the Cross; and account us all worthy of Thy
      heavenly kingdom, O Thou Who alone art compassionate.

      Nailed of Thine own will to Tree, O our Savior, Thou didst deliver
      Adam from the curse which came through the tree, and hast rewarded
      that which is in Thine image with a dwelling in paradise, in that Thou
      art compassionate.

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      Hearken, O Adam, and rejoice with Eve; for he who of old stripped you
      both naked, and by deception hath taken all of us captive, hath been
      set at naught by the Cross of Christ.

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      Today is Christ risen from the tomb, granting incorruption unto all
      the faithful; and He reneweth the joy of the myrrh-bearing women
      after His suffering and resurrection.

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      O Master, having found Thee to be a precious, choice, and firmly set
      corner-stone in Zion, the Saints, like selects stones, did build
      themselves thereupon, as though upon an unshakeable foundation.

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      When Thy side was pierced, the drops of blood fell together with the
      deifying water, and refashioned the world. And the divine host of all
      the Saints addressed Thee as Benefactor.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      We praise most reverently the God-inspired cloud of witnesses, who by
      grace were made luminous, and shine more resplendently in the royal
      purple of their blood and in the crimson of their steadfast contest.

      We all know thee to be the all-true Mother of God, through whom the
      nature of women, having been given strength, contested for Christ, O
      all-spotless one, and was filled with every virtue in a godly manner.

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 8: From on high didst Thou descend, O
      compassionate One; / to burial of three days hast Thou submitted /
      that Thou mightest free us from our passions. // O our Life and
      Resurrection, O Lord, glory be to Thee.

      Troparion of All Saints, Tone 4: Adorned in the blood of Thy martyrs /
      throughout all the world, as in purple and fine linen, / Thy Church,
      through them doth cry unto Thee, O Christ God: / Send down Thy
      compassions upon Thy people;// grant peace to Thy flock and to our
      souls great mercy.

      Glory... Both now...

      Kontakion for All Saints, Tone 8: To Thee, O Lord, the planter of
      creation, / the world doth offer the God-bearing martyrs as the
      first-fruits of nature. / By their intercessions, preserve Thy Church,
      Thy commonwealth, in profound peace, // through the Theotokos, O
      Greatly-merciful One.

      Reader: The Prokimenon in the 8th Tone: Make your vows and pay them to
      the Lord our God.
      Choir: Make your vows and pay them to the Lord our God.
      Reader: In Judea is God known, His name is great in Israel.
      Choir: Make your vows and pay them to the Lord our God.
      Reader: In the 4th Tone: Wondrous is God in His saints, the God of Israel.
      Choir: Wondrous is God in His saints, the God of Israel.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to the Hebrews.

      [Hebrews 11:33-12:2, §330]: Brethren: All the saints through faith
      subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped
      the mouths of lions, * Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge
      of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in
      fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. * Women received
      their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not
      accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: *
      And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover
      of bonds and imprisonment: * They were stoned, they were sawn asunder,
      were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in
      sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; * (Of
      whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in
      mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. * And these all, having
      obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: * God
      having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should
      not be made perfect. * Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about
      with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and
      the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience
      the race that is set before us, * Looking unto Jesus the author and
      finisher of our faith.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 4th Tone.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: The righteous cried, and the Lord heard them.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Many are the tribulations of the righteous, and the Lord shall
      deliver them out of them all.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!

      [Matthew 10:32-33, 37-38; 19:27-30, §38]: The Lord said to his
      disciples: Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I
      confess also before my Father which is in heaven. * But whosoever
      shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which
      is in heaven. * He that loveth father or mother more than me is not
      worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not
      worthy of me. * And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after
      me, is not worthy of me. * Then answered Peter and said unto him,
      Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have
      therefore? * And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye
      which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall
      sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones,
      judging the twelve tribes of Israel. * And every one that hath
      forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or
      wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an
      hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. * But many that are
      first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

      COMMUNION: Praise the Lord in the heavens, praise Him in the highest!
      Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright.
      Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!