Variable Text for the Small Entrance Chant on the Leave Taking of Pentecost

  • Stephen Shott
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2010
      Hello,

      Could someone please tell me what the correct text is for "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ..." at the Liturgy on the leave taking of Pentecost? According to the Order of Divine Services (SJKP), the text following "... save us, O Son of God ..." is from the refrain of the second antiphon for the feast day liturgy. This is "Save, O Good Comforter, us who cant unto Thee: Alleluia". Does this mean that the correct entrance hymn is "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ; O Son of God, O Good Comforter, save us who chant unto Thee: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia." ? That sounds a little odd.

      Many thanks.

    • dollpka
      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2010
        Wouldn't this follow the same pattern as the feast itself where the clergy chant the entrance and the choir does not sing?

        Kenneth Doll

      • smackdaddy.au@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2010
          The choir should chant:

          "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ! O Good Comforter, save us who chant unto Thee, Alleluia!"

          That is my experience and understanding of the rubric.

          Kind regards
          Dcn Stephen McKay
          Sent from my BlackBerry� from Optus

          Wouldn't this follow the same pattern as the feast itself where the clergy chant the entrance and the choir does not sing?

          Kenneth Doll

          --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Shott <stephen.shott@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Could someone please tell me what the correct text is for "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ..." at the Liturgy on the leave taking of Pentecost? According to the Order of Divine Services (SJKP), the text following "... save us, O Son of God ..." is from the refrain of the second antiphon for the feast day liturgy. This is "Save, O Good Comforter, us who cant unto Thee: Alleluia". Does this mean that the correct entrance hymn is "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ; O Son of God, O Good Comforter, save us who chant unto Thee: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia." ? That sounds a little odd.
          >
          > Many thanks.
          >
          > In Christ,
          >
          > Stephen

        • dollpka
          Message 4 of 5 , May 27, 2010
            Daniel Olson wrote me privately and indicated that what Dcn Stephen wrote is indeed correct. My mistake below.
            Kenneth Doll

            --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, smackdaddy.au@... wrote:

            > The choir should chant:
            >
            > "O come let us worship and fall down before Christ! O Good Comforter, save us who chant unto Thee, Alleluia!"
            >
            > That is my experience and understanding of the rubric.
            >
            > Kind regards
            > Dcn Stephen McKay
            > Sent from my BlackBerry® from Optus

          • Stephen Shott
            Message 5 of 5 , May 27, 2010
              Many thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

              Stephen