[ustav] Re: Prayer for St. Panteleimon's Day (July 27/Aug. 9)

  • Reverend Dcn. Raphael S. Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 1999
      Rev. John R. Shaw wrote:

      > From "Polny Sbornik Molitv", pp. 214-215: Prayer 3.
      >
      > Holy Great-Martyr and Healer Panteleimon, thou imitator of God's
      > mercy! Look down in thy loving kindness and hearken unto us, sinners, who
      > offer heartfelt prayers before thy holy icon.
      > Ask for us from the Lord God, before Whom the Angels stand in
      > heaven, remission of our sins and transgressions. Heal the ills of body
      > and soul of the servants of God whom we here commemorate, who are here
      > present, and of all Orthodox Christians who seek thy help.
      > For behold, we, who because of our sins are possessed by bitter
      > ills and have no help or consolation, yet flee to thee for refuge, since
      > thou hast been given Grace to pray for us and to heal every ill and every
      > disease.
      > Grant, therefore, to all of us, by thy holy prayers, health and
      > strength of soul and body, a good growth in the Faith and in devotion, and
      > all that is needful unto this temporal life and unto our salvation: So
      > that, having been granted great and rich mercy thorugh thee, we may
      > glorify thee and Him that bestoweth all good things, our God Who is
      > wondrous in His Saints, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
      > Amen.

      > NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9% FIXED APR. Apply online today!
      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/606
      >
      > See Ustav information at http://www.orthodox.net/ustav

      Dear Father John:

      Christ is in our midst!

      You and other people keep referring to a "Polny Sbornik Molitv" and I
      would like to know if this is something which can be obtained in the
      English language?

      Your servant in Christ,

      Father Deacon Raphael S. Cole (OCA)
      Winnipeg, Manitoba. CANADA
    • Rev. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 1999
        I am afraid this book is available only in Church Slavonic. If it were
        available in English, I would not be making these translations from it...
        If you read Slavonic, the book is available in two editions (one an
        inexpensive softcover) from Holy Trinity MOnastery Bookstore,
        Jordanville, NY 13361.