Re: [ustav] Re: Znamenny Podobny, etc.

  • psomalis@hol.gr
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
      The Greek Horologion gives modes for these troparia 'The Day Is
      Past'(mode II). But I never heard them chanted.
      Panagiotis

      Quoting frjsilver <frjsilver@...>:

      > My thanks to Carol and Stephen for their helpful insights.
      >
      > Monk James (who's never heard 'The Day Is Past' sung anyplace ever
      > -- and maybe should get out more)

    • Kyril Jenner
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
        I have a setting of the Troparia at Great Compline to what is described as a
        "Solovetski melody" in the source (Slavonic) from which I took them. I
        think it was this source which also provided a setting of the verse that
        follows these Troparia ("With songs unceasing") which cycles through all 8
        Tones. We have only used these melodies for feast days (Christmas Vigil,
        etc.), using simple chant for the weekdays in the Great Fast.

        If anyone wants copies please let me know and I will send you a PDF.

        Archimandrite Kyril Jenner

        http://www.mynachdy-sant-elias.org.uk

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • James Morgan