Re: [ustav] Re: two deacons

  • Deacon Paul Zuñiga
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2008
      Dear Fr. Michael :

      From the Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America - Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America   website :

      "Deacon 1 carries the chalice into the sanctuary, places it upon the holy table and wipes into it the particles remaining on the diskos while saying "By thy precious Blood." Deacon 1 says "Exalt, master" and, preceded by Deacon 2 with the censer, carries the chalice to and places it upon the prothesis. Deacon 1 says the Litany of Thanksgiving "Stand upright. "Having partaken" and the two concluding "Let us pray to the Lord." Both Deacons 1 and 2 ask the blessing of the Protos to consume the remaining Holy Gifts. Deacon 2 tidies the prothesis after the Holy Gifts are consumed, and replenishes the water and wine in the cruets."   From the Greek-language "Hierodiakonikon" published by The Holy Monastery of Simonos Petras  'Panselinos' - Karyes, The Holy Mountain, 1989

      http://www.networks-now.net/litresswraoc/SVCMultDeac.htm

      In IC XC , deacon paul zuniga
      spain