Text in Slavonic

  • Reader Michael Bishop
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      My parish has many Russian speaking immigrants and we often use Slavonic
      during our services. Some services are very heavy in Slavonic if most
      of the people present are Russian.

      I am having trouble finding the following text in Slavonic:

      We magnify you at Matins
      The hymnography before the Litya
      The petitions before the Litya
      The Dismissal for the feasts (not the Troparion, but "May Christ our
      true God,...)

      I'm putting the finishing touches on the Nativity of the Theotokos and I
      am ready to start on the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.

      I definitely prefer that the Slavonic be in modern Russian letters,
      especially since everything else is in that script. I can work with
      WordPerfect, Word, HTML, or PDF format.

      The sad part is that I probably have everything that I need, but I don't
      recognize it.

      Thank you in advance.

      Reader Michael

      --
      Rdr Michael Bishop
      570 Saint Mary St

      http://www.Michael-Bishop.com

      See you at the Russian Festival
      1723 Fairmount Avenue * Baltimore MD 21231
      19-21 October 2007
    • William J. Churchill
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2007
        Dear Subdeacon Michael,

        You can find most services, in Slavonic, in the civil (=modern
        Russian) alphabet, at this website:

        http://pravoslavnyi.narod.ru/

        The texts are largely compressed in the RAR format; if you do not
        already have a program to unpack these files, you can download one
        gratis from this page:

        http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm#24

        You may need to copy-and-paste the links.

        I hope this information proves helpful.

        ~BC