Re: [ustav] Deacon Sergius Miller

  • Reader Michael Bishop
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 6, 2007
      I completely agree with Fr. David and so does our choir director,
      Serafim Cardell. I am guessing that he was probably ordained on 25
      December 2006.

      Reader Michael

      Fr David Straut wrote:
      > I have followed the posts of Sergius Miller for the past several
      > years with interest. His posts are always informative and he is
      > obviously (with Archpriest John Shaw, Reader Daniel Olsen, Reader
      > Isaac Lambertsen, and some others) is one of our liturgical experts.
      > I have also detected in him a good knowledge of the Byzantine
      > practise along with the Russian. This series of posts is the first I
      > have noticed with the appellation Deacon Sergius Miller. I assume
      > that there has been a recent ordination to the Holy Diaconate. If so,
      > I offer my congratulations and "Axios."
      >
      > Fr David Straut
      >

      > Deacon Sergius Miller <srbmillerr@...> wrote:
      > Dear Meg,
      >
      > I think there is a problem with the Prokeimenon, Alleluia , &
      > Communion verse. These three belong to the Vesperal Liturgy of the
      > eve of the Nativity. The first two, therefore, will be used in the
      > Vespers that follows the Liturgy on the 24th. For the Liturgy on the
      > 24th when it is a Saturday, you need the daily Prokeimenon, Alleluia
      > , & Communion Verse. Also, I think the tropar & kondak of the temple
      > are omitted.
      >
      > In Christ, Dn. Sergius Miller
      >
      > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Meg Lark" <skovranok@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> A note concerning the following: Normally, we do not publish the
      > rubrics
      >> for the Great Feasts, since nearly everyone has access to the
      > Festal Menaion
      >> of Bishop Kallistos Ware and Mother Maria. But since the rubrics
      > are
      >> somewhat different when the Nativity is celebrated on a Sunday, we
      >>
      > have
      >> decided to publish at least part of the services for this weekend.
      >>
      > This
      >> post contains the rubrics for Divine Liturgy on the Eve of the
      > Nativity.
      >>

      >> Please note that the Royal Hours of the Nativity are served on
      > Friday. On
      >> Saturday, Matins of the Forefeast and Divine Liturgy are served in
      >>
      > the
      >> morning, and Great Vespers, Great Compline, and Matins of the Feast
      >>
      > of the
      >> Nativity in the evening. The Divine Liturgy of the Feast of the
      > Nativity is
      >> served on Sunday. Actual practice may vary from parish to parish.
      >>

      >> My thanks, as always, to Fr. John Whiteford for the materials on
      > his site
      >> <http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/services.htm>
      >> http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/services.htm
      >>

      >> Wishing all a most blessed and joyous Nativity of our Lord,
      >>
      >> Margaret Lark
      >>

      >> Forefeast of the Nativity: 24 December/6 January 2007
      >>

      >> Readings:
      >>
      >> Epistle: Galatians 3:15-22 and Ephesians 5:1-8a
      >>
      >> Gospel: Matthew 13:31-36 and Luke 14:1-11
      >>
      >> Note: The readings for the Saturday before the Nativity are
      > transferred to
> [...]

      Rdr Michael Bishop
      570 Saint Mary St
      Baltimore MD 21201-1936
      410-225-7743

      http://www.Michael-Bishop.com

      See you at the Russian Festival
      1723 Fairmount Avenue * Baltimore MD 21231
      19-21 October 2007
    • James Morgan
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 6, 2007
        Many Years, O Deacon! Mnogaya Leta. Chronia Polla!
        Rdr. James
        Olympia, WA

        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 8, 2007
          Axios, indeed, and many thanks for his scholarly guidance to Deacon
          Sergius.
          Patrick