Re: [ustav] Re: Vyhod?

  • Michel Englert
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      Nice Feast to all!

      > > What is "vyhod" in Chapter 21 of Typikon: "Podobne zhe i svjatyh
      > > imushchih bdenie i polielej, i vyhod, i slavoslovie, i emuzhe ukazuet
      > > pesn' vo ustave na liturgii."?

      Well... I suppose that the Typikon here is reffering to the clergy that comes
      out from the altar' durring the Polyeleos. I this the "vyhod" refers here to
      that, according the order of the words "i polielej, i vyhod, i slavoslovie".

      Have a nice day,
      Michel.
    • Nikita Simmons
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Michel Englert <michel@...> wrote:

        > Nice Feast to all!
        >
        > > > What is "vyhod" in Chapter 21 of Typikon: "Podobne zhe i svjatyh
        > > > imushchih bdenie i polielej, i vyhod, i slavoslovie, i emuzhe
        ukazuet
        > > > pesn' vo ustave na liturgii."?
        >
        > Well... I suppose that the Typikon here is reffering to the clergy
        that comes
        > out from the altar' durring the Polyeleos. I this the "vyhod" refers
        here to
        > that, according the order of the words "i polielej, i vyhod, i
        slavoslovie".

        Sprazdnikom! Greetings on the feast of the Ascension!

        I must agree with Daniel Olson's remarks that this refers to the
        entrance at Great Vespers, not at the Litya (as I had previously
        suggested). I do know that after decades of working with Church
        Slavonic (mostly the pre-Nikonian books), there are numerous instances
        where the terminology is traditionally imprecise and unstandardized
        (especially in the Old Rite), often because the prefixes are so
        similar. The dichotomy between vkhod and vykhod (entrance and
        departure) is a classic example.

        Another example is the use of the terms pripev and zapev. Technically
        these should be a refrain which comes before and after a sticheron or
        troparion. (Pri- = before, za- = after) But in reality these terms
        have been used interchangeably. (And then there are the archaic forms
        of the word with the consonantal shift: pripev > pripel, just as the
        word for "ancient/old" mutates as drevne > drevle.)

        Nikita