Re: [ustav] dismissal sequence

  • asp5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      Dear Brothers and Sisters,
      So, if "And unto us..." is chanted at that point in the service, what
      then is done at the conclusion of the post-communion prayers? Normally
      we have chanted that instead of the triple "Lord have mercy." Is that
      wrong?
      In Christ,
      Anna

      From: cktwms@... cktwms@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:29:15 GMT
      To: ustav@yahoogroups.com

      Christ is Risen!

      Where is the dismissal sequence at the end of Liturgy for this period of
      the Pentecostarian spelled out? I couldn't find anything in the Order of
      Divine Services (SJKP) or in the Jordanville typicon ... today we
      followed
      the order given in Elizabeth Wriggs' choir cues, which is as follows:

      Priest: Glory to Thee, O Christ...
      Choir: Christ is Risen...(x3)
      Priest: May He Who rose from the dead...
      Christ is Risen!(Indeed He is Risen) (x3)
      Choir: Christ is Risen...(x1)
      (Tone 8) And unto us He has given eternal life. Let us worship
      His
      resurrection on the third day!

      Is this the order followed everywhere, and how would one know to do it
      this
      way?
      Thank you!

      In Christ,