RE: [ustav] dismissal sequence

  • pfekula@merkleyandpartners.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      Matushka:

      The first part of the order you provide below ought to be found in the
      Pentecostarion -- it is there in the Slavonic books. The order we used at
      the Synod cathedral this morning was slightly different:

      Priest: Glory to Thee, O Christ...

      Choir: Christ is Risen...(x3) (We used the "slow" melody here)

      Priest: May He Who rose from the dead...

      Choir: Amen. (I assume you sang an "Amen" here...)

      Priest: Christ is Risen!(Indeed He is Risen) (x3)

      Choir: Christ is Risen...(x3) (We used the "fast" melody here, three times)
      (Tone 8) And unto us He has given eternal life. Let us worship His
      resurrection on the third day! (We sang this, as well, although, strictly
      speaking, it doesn't belong here. This verse is called for only at the end
      of Matins during Bright Week. It has, however, become customary in Russian
      churches to sing it at the end of every service that ends with the "fast"
      Christ is Risen", throughout Paschaltide.)

      Choir: "The Orthodox Episcopate..."

      Choir: The third Ode from the Canon of the Meeting of the Lord, per the
      directive from the Synod of Bishops

      Peter Fekula

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        Dear Brothers and Sisters,
        So, if "And unto us..." is chanted at that point in the service, what
        then is done at the conclusion of the post-communion prayers? Normally
        we have chanted that instead of the triple "Lord have mercy." Is that
        wrong?
        In Christ,
        Anna

        Where is the dismissal sequence at the end of Liturgy for this period of
        the Pentecostarian spelled out? I couldn't find anything in the Order of
        Divine Services (SJKP) or in the Jordanville typicon ... today we
        followed
        the order given in Elizabeth Wriggs' choir cues, which is as follows:

        Priest: Glory to Thee, O Christ...
        Choir: Christ is Risen...(x3)
        Priest: May He Who rose from the dead...
        Christ is Risen!(Indeed He is Risen) (x3)
        Choir: Christ is Risen...(x1)
        (Tone 8) And unto us He has given eternal life. Let us worship
        His
        resurrection on the third day!

        Is this the order followed everywhere, and how would one know to do it
        this
        way?
        Thank you!

        In Christ,