RE: [ustav] Re: Choirs: How much do they need to know and understand?

    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 5, 2005
      Glory to God for all things! Mary Lanser wrote:

      {He should trade the "pain" for a little MERCY!!

      [ML] I am taking this offlist. Meanwhile, I would like to apologize to the
      List for any disquiet I may have caused anybody on this usually sober and
      erudite list -- I have never been able to stomach seeing somebody kicked
      when he's down, and I let that get the better of me.

      In Christ,
      Meg
    • Michael Malloy
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 7, 2005
        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Mary Lanser <mel5@l...> wrote:
        > I believe that my comments were pressing against the tendency to view
        > liturgical music, first and foremost, as "performance."

        Your comments on this list, on this topic, are out of order. First
        because you have no business lecturing Orthodox Christians on ANY
        subject and second because your comments are non-sequiturs!

        >I was offering a bit of a balance to a rather strident complaint...

        Bull! You are a trouble-maker, plain and simple.

        This is my last message in response to your heretical nonsense.

        Reader Michael Malloy
        Columbus OH