  • Jason Charron
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2005
      I realize this doesn't relate to ustav matters, but...

      If you belong to any YAHOO GROUPS or use Yahoo in any other ways, you may want to opt out of this.........

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you are going - similar to cookies.

      Yahoo is recording every website and every group you visit. If you would like to opt out of their tracking system, here's how to do it:

      1 Go to http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy
      2 In the column on the left side, under the title of "Special
      Topics,"
      click "cookies".
      3 At the bottom of this new page you will see a link that says "Click
      here." Click that.
      4 On that new page click the phrase "web beacon". That will bring you
      to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."
      5 In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out" link.
      Click it.

      Then STOP. What would normally be a confirmation button on the next page will opt you back in.