Re: [ustav] Russian Liturgical Goods

  • Fr. Basil Grisel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2005
      Dear Rose,

      I'll be more than happy to try to help you.

      Servers vestments are available in whatever colors you need. They range in
      price a little but for the most part you can figure about $ 150-160 each -
      for adult size, obviously children would be less. They are made of quality
      brocades, tasteful trim, and come fully lined which enhances the life span.
      For a deacon (to add the orarion and cuffs) the cost goes up to about $
      235-250, depending upon the material.

      Obviously, if I order before going I can obtain whatever I want - meaning
      size, color, and weight of fabric. I'm sure that I can order an extra set of
      orar and cuffs in gold - you might also consider blue.

      Please let me know your desire and we can go forward.

      In Christ, Father Basil

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2005
        Father Basil,

        I sent you a personal note, but you did not reply. Did you get the note? We
        are very interested in robes for altar servers.

        Fr. John Moses

        I want to get two sets of vestments. One red and one white for the deacon
        in Greek style with the cuffs. Also a light weight lining.

        When will you be going over there?

        Another thought is a separate orion. Could you check to see if they make
        special ones.

        Rose

        >From: batushka@...
        >To: "ustav_1"
        <ustav@yahoogroups.com>,"rocorclergy"
        <rocorclergy@yahoogroups.com>,"rocaclergy"
        <rocaclergy@yahoogroups.com>,"orthodox-synod_1"
        <orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com>,"orthodoxjurisdictions"
        <orthodoxjurisdictions@egroups.com>
        >CC:
        <Orthodox-Forum@yahoogroups.com>,<orthodox-tradition@...
        m>
        >Subject: [ustav] Russian Liturgical Goods
        >Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:59:23 -0500
        >
        >Dear brothers in service to Our Lord,
        > brothers and sisters in Christ,
        >

        > We are preparing to make another trip to Russia during Great Lent.
        A number of people expressed to me their interest in ordering vestments for
        either priest, deacon or altar servers. Along with vestments I can purchase
        coordinated fabric for altar covers, or chalice covers. The quality is
        excellent, high quality materials, and the workmanship, by far, is
        remarkable. Given enough time before I make the trip I can order ahead and
        have the items waiting for pick-up when I arrive.

        > We have a number of items left for sale through our bookstore; a
        set of Russian style, blue/silver priest's vestments, a set of Byzantine
        style priest's vestments for Pentecost Sundays. We have chalice covers, a
        gold finished censer, a beautiful Slavonic altar gospel, clergy belts, and a
        few gospel/epistle ribbons. We have dropped the prices on these items.
        Photos are readily available by request.

        > If anyone has an interest either in the items we have for sale at
        present, or in ordering items from Russia, please contact me privately - off
        list. Time is of the essence. Please feel free to ask for more information.

        > Thank you for your kind consideration. Please forgive me the
        intrusion for those who find this offensive.

        > In Christ, Father Basil
        > Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia Church

        Yahoo! Groups Links