Many Years

  • cktwms@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Dear List members,
      If the "Many Years" is to be sung at the end of Liturgy for someone who is celebrating a Nameday, is this done before or after the Commemorations (The Orthodox episopate of the Russian Church, etc...)?Thank you very much.
      In Christ,
      (Matushka)Cindy Williams

      Juno Gift Certificates
      Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
      http://www.juno.com/give
    • bradley anderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
        Since everything after the dismissal is technically
        outside the Liturgy, I would imagine that it could be
        done however the priest or local tradition dictates.

        Our sequence is: dismissal by the priest, the singing
        of the Polychronion/Commemorations, priest's
        announcements, then the singing of Many Years and
        blessing with holy water of anyone whose patron saint
        is commemorated that day, then the general going
        forward to kiss the cross and receive antidoron.

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250