Re: [ustav] Re: Very sensitive: Priests prayers over choir in Anaphora?

  • psomalis@hol.gr
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      The 1881 typikon gives instructions on how to use the Beatitudes for most feasts
      of saints ; however it replaces them on some feasts on which they had been
      formerly used (e.g. Nativity of the Theotokos).
      Several parishes in Greece still use them, although in a shortened form, most
      commonly 2 verses with troparia, Glory, troparion and now, troparion. The
      melody for mode VII is very interesting one; it is called 'protovaris' i.e.
      mixed mode I and VII.
      Beatitudes are also used at funerals; the first troparion thereof mentions the
      Good Thief and is quite well known.
      Using the Beatitudes without verses is a virtually unknown practice.
      Panagiotis