[ustav] Re: questions on Litya

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 1999
      Christ is Risen!
      My experience has been the use of the *first* sticheron given at
      the Litiya for the Patronal feast. Thus in Jordanville, as I recall, this
      was always the first chant at the Litiya for the Feast of Pentecost,
      beginning with the Slavonic words, "Vo prorotsekh vozvestil esi nam put'
      spaseniya..." ("In the Prophets, Thou hast proclaimed to us the path of
      salvation").