Re: First liturgical language in Romania

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1 1:25 PM
      Cezar, tell me, what is the etymology of _craciun_? Among the Carpatho-Rus=
      yns, the word is used for a ritual bread baked for the Nativity; the feast i=
      tself is called _Rôzdvo_, of course, but the name of the bread must be from =
      Romanian.

      Stephen

      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Cezar Login" <cezarcl@g...> wrote:
      > I presume
      > that Lating wasn't the aboriginal language of Dacia, either. That might
      > have left traces, too.
      >
      > CL: We have only very few words from the orriginal Dacic language, maybe
      > about 10 words, and no more.
      >

      > Cezar

    • Cezar Login
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2 9:39 AM
        We use in Romania Craciun as an alternative for the Nativity of Christ.

        DEX (Explicative Dictionary of Romanian Language) gives as the origin of the
        word the Latin word creatio,-ionis, which means creation.

        We do not have any ritual bread for the Nativity.

        I hope this helped. It’s all I can came for the moment.

        Cezar

        _____

        =
        Romanian.

        Stephen

        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Cezar Login" <cezarcl@g...> wrote:
        > I presume
        > that Lating wasn't the aboriginal language of Dacia, either. That might
        > have left traces, too.
        >
        > CL: We have only very few words from the orriginal Dacic language, maybe
        > about 10 words, and no more.
        >

        > Cezar

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129l8hks0/M=306910.5263657.6380312.2248467/D=gr
        plch/S=1705023525:HM/EXP=1091478354/A=2290377/R=0/SIG=12sim713b/*http:/ad.do
        ubleclick.net/jump/N3390.yahoocom/B1408521.15;sz=300x250;ord=109139195424666
        6?> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=306910.5263657.6380312.2248467/D=grplch/S=
        :HM/A=2290377/rand=458262578>

        _____