Re: texts in roman letters

  • Rami Alghawali
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2004
      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, pvgol@a... wrote:
      > Dear Rami--
      >
      > go to http://www.fatheralexander.org and select the language you
      prefer.

      > In a message dated 6/4/2004 1:38:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      > televerywhere@y... writes:
      > dear list, I am looking for liturgical texts in greek and/or slavic
      > written in roman letters.
      >
      > does anyone of you has such a thing on his computer? or does it
      exist
      > somewhere online?
      >
      > with many thanks
      >
      > in Christ,
      > Rami
      >

      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]well, is there
      anywhere else where such texts, not necessarily the same, can be
      found? please remember: written in roman letters and not the cyrillic.
      I am blind and my screen reader does not recognize any greek or
      cyrillic letters.

      thank you

      remember me in your prayers
      Rami
    • cjomlc@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2004
        Rami, you may want to check out some Romanian liturgical texts since they are all written in Roman letters. Though, if you are looking to do some research and liturgical archaeology with the Slavonic and Greek texts that will not help you.

        Christopher

        Please note: message attached

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2004
          Yes, but what you find usually on the internet and to some extent (at
          least in North America)even in print is often Romanian without the
          necessary diacritical marks--the circumflex on vowels and the
          cedilla-like thing under s and t. This is not good.

          Stephen