Re: [ustav] Wisdom

  • Your Name
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 8:31 AM
      Yes, thank you.

      > I can tell you how processions take place in contemporary Greece.
      > Would that be of interest?
      > Panagiotis
      >
      > Áñ÷éêü ìÞíõìá áðü Your Name <deacond@...>:
      >
      > > Christ is Risen!
      > >
      > > It was brought to my attention that St John Chrysostom mentions in
      his
      > > writings that when they processed to a Martyr's Chapel, the
      procession
      > > would be led by, or at least include virgins with candles. I
      imagined
      > > it would be akin to the virgins who led the Theotokos to the Temple.
      > >
      > > Of course the question was, is there such a practice today? How is
      it
      > > done? Where is it used?
      > >
      > > My limited written resources make no mention of it and I have not
      seen
      > > it.
      > >
      > > Any wisdom that you might provide would be helpful.
      > >
      > > dn demetrius.
      > >

      > > Post message: ustav@yahoogroups.com
      > > Subscribe: ustav-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > More ustav information and service texts:
      > > http://www.orthodox.net/ustav
      > > http://www.orthodox.net/services
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-
      ->
      > Check out Music Videos, Internet Radio, Artist Photos, Music News!
      > LAUNCH Music on Yahoo!
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/Wkrq7C/JARHAA/n1hLAA/lgJolB/TM

      CoreComm Webmail.
      http://home.core.com
    • psomalis@hol.gr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4 5:44 AM
        Dear all,
        I have recently started to write music for the two supplicatory canons to the
        Theotokos, using old slavonic text and byzantine notation, at the request of
        some friends from Bulgaria and countries of the former Yugoslavia.
        Now, at the end of these two Canons in Greece during the Dormition fast we chant
        four exapostilaria.
        The first is the exapostilarion of the Dormition.
        The second is the theotokion to the ferial exapostilarion of Monday (Thou
        sweetness of Angels...)
        I have both these texts in slavonic.
        However, I miss the text of the other two (I have thee as a mediatrix and Golden
        throne). Can anyone provide me with that text (or point to an internet address
        that might have it?).
        Thank you.
        Panagiotis