RE: [ustav] Entrance on Lazarus Saturday

  • James Morgan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004
      Well, Daniel and Bradley:

      We kind of 'winged it' as they say, this morning. And I had everyone sing:
      Who rose from thedead, without looking at the book. Seemed appropriate
      since the raising of Lazarus was a precursor of the Resurrection of
      Christ....

      So I was right, after all.

      Rdr. James Morgan
      Olympia, WA

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004
        In a message dated 4/3/2004 8:13:26 PM Central Standard Time,
        rdrjames@... writes:
        What says the Slavonic Typikon,
        Our Carpatho-Russian usage says "wondrous in your saints" today.

        J. Michael Thompson

      • aplatanao@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004
          The Greek Typikon and Greek Triodion (and Ware's Triodion) all say "...Who
          art risen...."

        • bradley anderson
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2004
            Neither my 1978 Faber and Faber edition nor my 2001
            STSP edition of the English Triodion have anything to
            say about this. Neither do I see it in the on-line
            Greek Triodion, unless I'm just missing it.

            I'll have to take your word for it on the Greek
            (Presumably Biolakis) Typikon...