Velichanie for the Vladimir Icon

  • Justin Zamora
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 5:08 PM
      The text for the Velichanie at Matins for the Vladimir Icon ("It is
      truly meet...") is unlike the usual texts for Velichania ("We magnify
      thee..."). Is this text sung to the usual Velichanie melody or is
      their a special melody that is used?

      Justin
    • Isaac E. Lambertsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 8:46 PM
        Dear Justin,

        It has its own melody, not related to the magnification sung for feasts of
        the Lord, major feasts of the Theotokos, and those of the saints.

        Of you have access to _Sputnik psalomshchika_, you can find it at the bottom
        of page 287.

        Sincerely,

        Isaac Lambertsen.