Re: Text of the Wedding Service in German

  • boulia_1
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2003
      Try contacting the (ROCOR) St. Job's Monastery in Munich!
      -elizabeth
      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John Whiteford"
      <frjohnwhiteford@y...> wrote:
      > Does any one know where one might get the text of the
      > wedding service in German? I have a priest who is
      > asking for this... electronic text would be best for
      > speed's sake.
      >

      > =====
      rocor/
    • Dr. Katharina Sponsel
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2003
        Christos voskrese! Voistinu voskrese!
        Christus ist auferstanden! Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!

        Dear Anna!
        Unfortunately does not exist a german translation of the wedding service as an electonic text. But I can recommend the following print edition, where You can find these service on page 535-546:

        Der orthodoxe Gottesdienst,
        Band I: Göttliche Liturgie und Sakramente,
        herausgegeben von Erzpriester Sergius Heitz,
        Matthias-Grünewald-Verlag,
        Mainz 1965

        We use this translation in our parish in Würzburg

        If You or the priest, who needs the translation, can read a german article, I can send You a very informative article about the historical development of this service.
        With best regards

        Dr. Katharina Sponsel

      • James Baglien
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2003
          --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Katharina Sponsel"
          <katharina_sponsel@w...> wrote:

          > Christus ist auferstanden! Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!

          I have seen the German response to the Paschal greeting variously
          rendered as "Wirklich er ist auferstanden!", "Wahrlich ist er
          erstanden!", and (as above)"Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!".

          Would the native speakers of German on the list kindly elucidate?

          In IC XC,

          Pr. James Baglien
        • benjaminstell@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10, 2003
            One of our congregation who is from Germany provided the following Paschal
            greeting German which we now use:

            Cristos ist Auferstanden!
            In Wahrheit ist Er Auferstanden!

            Benjamin Stell

            In a message dated 5/10/03 10:32:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            jbaglien@... writes:

            > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Katharina Sponsel"
            > <katharina_sponsel@w...> wrote:
            >
            > >Christus ist auferstanden! Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!
            >

            > I have seen the German response to the Paschal greeting variously
            > rendered as "Wirklich er ist auferstanden!", "Wahrlich ist er
            > erstanden!", and (as above)"Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!".
            >
            > Would the native speakers of German on the list kindly elucidate?
            >
            > In IC XC,
            >
            > Pr. James Baglien

          • Margaret Lark
            Message 5 of 7 , May 10, 2003
              Christ is risen! Truly He is risen!
              > Christus ist auferstanden! Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!

              I have seen the German response to the Paschal greeting variously
              rendered as "Wirklich er ist auferstanden!", "Wahrlich ist er
              erstanden!", and (as above)"Er ist wahrhaft auferstanden!".

              Would the native speakers of German on the list kindly elucidate?

              The only one I wouldn't use is, "Wirklich auferstanden," which means, "Really risen." The sense of "truly" is conveyed best by "wahrhaft" or "wahrlich" ("wahr" meaning "true"), and when someone says to me, "Christus ist auferstanden!" I usually reply with "Wahrhaftig auferstanden!" in which the subject and verb are implied.