re: Tebe odeyushagosya

  • Don Hackenberry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2003
      Dear Elizabeth and All,

      I did Turchaninov's setting in English, in typewritten text and handwritten notes, some years back. (I think I did it in 1983, because that's the year SVS's Holy Week Volume 2 came out, with Turchaninov's setting disappointingly omitted.) Intend to put it in Finale someday, but hardly have time to now. (It's nursery season.) And that won't benefit a parish in Berlin. Is it the one where Mathias Wilke directs the choir? He is a gifted person, and will make you glad you're there. Also recently learned on the Kliros Webboard that his Russian is much, much better than my own. We want you home! But we want you to enjoy yourself to the fullest while you're there.

      This is lunch break for me, have to go back out soon, but this evening I'll look for an alternative setting, preferably on a website, so you can have it right away.

      Best,

      Don