Re: Lipovan chant

  • stephen_r1937 <stephen.r@lycos.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      Janet, send your snail-mail address to me--stephen.r at lycos.com--
      and I will send the entire page on Romanian chant books. As Father
      John Shaw points out, most of the citations are in the new
      orthography, not that of the books themselves, but you should be able
      to negotiate that difficulty in the bibliographical terrain without
      much trouble.

      Stephen

      --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Janet M Damian <damianj@j...> wrote:
      > wow! thank you, thank you, thank you!
      > (multsumesc!)
      >
      > janet
      >

      > On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:49:41 -0000 "stephen_r1937 <stephen.r@l...>"
      > <stephen.r@l...> writes:
      > > Dear Janet,
      > >
      > > Nikita has answered your question in his usual concise, thorough,
      > > and
      > > most valuabe way, accidentally (felix culpa!) giving the rest of
      the

      > > list the benefit. Let me only add that not only is Lipovan a
      > > Romanian surname, but it is the surname of the compiler of
      several
      > > books of Romanian chant, specifically of the local chant dialect
      of
      > > Arad:
      > >
      > > *Lipovan, Anastasie (1874-1947), comp. ed. Cele opt glasuri.
      Arad,

      > > 1919.
      > >
      > > *________. Cîntãri bisericeºti. Budapest, 1906.
      > >
      > > *________. Cîntãri bisericeºti pentru toate sãrbãtorile de peste
      > > an,
      > > întocmite pe baza vechilor melodii, obiºnuite în Banat ºi
      Criºana.