Re: [ustav] Great Prokimena

  • Robert Koch
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2002
      I at last have a question for Ustav. What, pray tell, IS a GREAT
      Prokeiminon?? What is it connected to?? I have in mind the "regular,
      garden variety" prokeiminon prior to an epistle lesson or the like; is
      the "Great" something that precedes something, or is it just a vrse out
      there in space? I think of the one in the Presanctified service which
      doesn't seem to "connect" anything to anything else...

    • BAUMGARTH@FORDHAM.EDU
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Christ is in our midst!
        For an example of a Great Prokimenon, "The Lord is King", sung every
        week at Great Vespers Saturday Evening will show you the additional verses
        that constitute this kind of prokimena.
        Dn. Patrick

        Robert Koch
        <sesrobt@eskimo. To: ustav@yahoogroups.com
        com> cc:
        Subject: Re: [ustav] Great Prokimena
        04/30/02 09:53
        PM
        Please respond
        to ustav

      • BAUMGARTH@FORDHAM.EDU
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2002
          Thank you, Father. My prayers for a blessed Great Week.
          Dn. Patrick