Information needed

  • frgregory
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
      Would anyone know where I could find a web site that has the
      directives of St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco for Altar
      Servers? Some years ago I came across that list and I believe
      another one, but didn't bookmark it. Also, at the Great Compline of
      the Vigil of Nativity and Theophany, is there a major censing after
      the Blessed is our God...?

      In Christ,
      Hieromonk Gregory
    • Daniel Olson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
        on 12/5/01 8:14 AM, frgregory at frgregory@... wrote:

        > ... at the Great Compline of
        > the Vigil of Nativity and Theophany, is there a major censing after
        > the Blessed is our God...?

        Yes. This censing is prescribed by the Typicon in the rubrics for Great
        Compline found under the entry for 25 December.

        The rubrics for 6 January do not mention a censing; but, regarding Great
        Compline, the entry is somewhat abbreviated. The service is, however, the
        same on both days.

        When the feast of the Annunciation falls on Tuesday through Saturday of
        Great Lent, the vigil also begins with Great Compline. The Typicon
        specifically appoints a censing at the beginning of the service.

        Daniel Olson
      • Fr. David Straut
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
          Dear Fr Gregory,

          Christ is in our midst!

          What you are looking for was in Orthodox America a few years ago. I looked
          on Orthodox America's web site [ http://www.roca.org/oa/ ] but couldn't find
          it.

          In Christ,

          Priest David Straut
          Orthodox Church of St Elizabeth the New-Martyr (ROCOR)
          Somerville, New Jersey

          > Would anyone know where I could find a web site that has the
          > directives of St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco for Altar
          > Servers? Some years ago I came across that list and I believe
          > another one, but didn't bookmark it. Also, at the Great Compline of
          > the Vigil of Nativity and Theophany, is there a major censing after
          > the Blessed is our God...?
          >
          > In Christ,
          > Hieromonk Gregory

        • frjohnwhiteford
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
          • Hieromonk Gregory
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
              On Wed, 05 December 2001, "Fr. David Straut" wrote:

              > Dear Fr Gregory,
              >
              > Christ is in our midst!
              >
              > What you are looking for was in Orthodox America a few years ago. I looked
              > on Orthodox America's web site [ http://www.roca.org/oa/ ] but couldn't find
              > it.
              >
              > In Christ,
              >
              > Priest David Straut
              > Orthodox Church of St Elizabeth the New-Martyr (ROCOR)
              > Somerville, New Jersey

              Dear in Christ Fr. David,

              He is and shall always be!

              Thanks for sharing; you might find this helpful.

              In Christ,

              Hieromonk Gregory

              Click here: <http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/praxis/altar_guidelines.htm>
              Guidelines for Altar Servers