Re: [ustav] St Stephen Dechani

  • frjsilver@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
      Dear Friends --

      In the Serbian calendar, St Stephan of Dechani, King of Serbia, is
      commemorated on 11 November. Bulgakov's 'Handbook' also includes him on this
      date with a brief biographical note, but quotes no hymns.

      I have English-language texts for both the apolytikon and kontakion, but --
      archaic-style language notwithstanding -- they are so deficient in grammar
      and unable to convey meaning successfully that it would be unethical to
      distribute them.

      If someone can provide me with the Serbian Church Slavonic originals, I'll
      gladly translate them.

      Peace and blessings to all.

      Monk James