Re: [ustav] St Stephen Dechani

  • Vladimir Demshuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
      Fr. Seraphim, Do you know when he is commemorated?
      Fr. Vladimir
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2001
        Dear Friends --

        In the Serbian calendar, St Stephan of Dechani, King of Serbia, is
        commemorated on 11 November. Bulgakov's 'Handbook' also includes him on this
        date with a brief biographical note, but quotes no hymns.

        I have English-language texts for both the apolytikon and kontakion, but --
        archaic-style language notwithstanding -- they are so deficient in grammar
        and unable to convey meaning successfully that it would be unethical to
        distribute them.

        If someone can provide me with the Serbian Church Slavonic originals, I'll
        gladly translate them.

        Peace and blessings to all.

        Monk James