26311Summer School of Liturgical Music, 2014

    May 29, 2014
      Just a reminder that registration is still open for the Summer School of Liturgical Music.  Classes will be held from July 13-July 26 (civil dates).  For more information, see:

      As an alumna of the Class of 2003, I cannot recommend this course strongly enough.  Over the past several years, improvements have been made to the physical plant of the guesthouse, and the courses have also benefited from various staff changes - though of course, *no one* can replace the beloved Archimandrite Joasaph (McLellan) of blessed memory   Parishes who sponsor attendees are eligible for a $100 discount.

      It's two weeks of intense exposure to the beautiful music of our Church, its history and structure, the structure of our Church services, and if you can't read music, no problem - courses in sight reading and the basics of music are part of the curriculum!  All this and the unforgettable monastic setting of Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, New York!  Registration closes June 29, so now is the time to make plans.  (No, the School didn't pay me to make this announcement.)    ;-)