26277Re: [ustav] hierarchal liturgy for 3rd Sunday of Lent

  • Philip Sokolov
    Mar 13, 2014
      Genevieve Park wrote:

      > Our bishop will be visiting for the 3rd Sunday of Lent ... We sing "In
      > thee rejoiceth" instead of "It is truly meet" at the Meeting, correct?

      A friend reminded me that it should be "It is truly meet," actually.

      "In thee rejoiceth" is just what is sung at that point in the Divine
      Liturgy of St. Basil the Great. It is not, like "The angel cried" or
      "Rejoice, O Queen," etc., a hymn appointed to be sung in place of "It is
      truly meet..." whenever it occurs during a given season.

      In Christ,
      Philip
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic