26261OC Choir Cues: Triodion 3, Sunday of the Last Judgment, 10/23 February 2014

    Feb 17, 2014
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates the rubrics for
      the Sunday of the Dread Judgment (Meatfare Sunday - §3B4 in the Order
      of Divine Services).

      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please send them to me as soon as possible at
      woolfolk3@..., so that corrected versions may be distributed in
      a timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from
      other sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and
      Gospel are indicated by the sign § and the appropriate number. A
      reminder: The Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for
      chanting according to the book put together by Dr. Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his
      website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this
      effort without his help.

      10/23 February 2014

      SUNDAY OF THE DREAD JUDGMENT (TRIODION 3) - Tone 2

      Epistle:
      1 Corinthians 8:8-9:2 (§140)

      Gospel:
      Matthew 25:31-46 (§106)

      Sunday of the Dread Judgment. Hieromartyr Charalampus, Bishop of
      Magnesia in Thessaly. Martyrs Porphyrius and Baptus, and three women
      martyrs: Ennatha, Valentina, and Paula. Venerable Prochorus of the
      Kiev Caves. Saints of Novgorod: Joachim, Luke, Germanus, Arcadius,
      Gregory, Martyrius, Anthony, Basil, and Symeon. Venerable John
      Chimchimeli of Bachkovo and Gremi. Venerable Longinus of
      Koryazhemska. Holy Right-believing Great Princess Anna of Novgorod.
      St. Arsenius the Confessor, Metropolitan of Novgorod and Staro-Rus'.
      "Areovindus" or "Fiery Vision" Icon of the Mother of God.

      HOURS:

      At all Hours:
      Resurrectional Troparion
      Glory... Both now...
      Theotokion from the Horologion
      Kontakion from the Triodion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes): 10 Troparia: 6 from the Octoechos; 4 from
      Ode 6 of the Canon of the Triodion

      1. Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.

      We offer Thee the cry of the thief, and we pray: Remember us in Thy
      kingdom, O Savior.

      2. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for
      they shall be filled.

      For the forgiveness of transgressions we offer unto Thee the Cross
      which Thou didst accept for our sake, O Thou who lovest mankind.

      We bow down in worship, O Master, before Thy burial and rising,
      whereby Thou hast delivered the world from corruption, O Thou Who
      lovest mankind.

      By Thy death hath death been slain, O Lord, and by Thy resurrection
      hast Thou saved the world, O Savior.

      5. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      Risen from the tomb, Thou didst meet the myrrh-bearing women; and Thou
      didst tell Thy disciples to announce Thine arising.

      6. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      Those who slept in darkness, beholding Thee, the Light, in the
      nethermost parts of hades, O Christ, were raised from the dead.

      7. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      At Thy fearful coming, O Christ, when Thou appearest from heaven, when
      the thrones are set up and the books opened, then spare, O Savior,
      spare Thy creature.

      8. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      Since God is the Judge, nothing can help thee there, no zeal, no
      skill, no glory, no friendship, but only the strength that thou
      gainest, my soul, from thy works.

      9. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      O Lord, let me not hear Thee say, “Take what is due to thee,” as Thou
      dost send me from Thy presence; let me not hear Thee say, “Depart from
      Me into the fire of the accursed,” but may I hear Thy words of
      blessing to the righteous.

      Thou art the gate, pure Lady, through which One alone has passed,
      going in and out, yet not breaking the seal of thy virginity: Jesus,
      Adam’s Creator and thy Son.

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 2: When Thou didst descend unto death,
      O Life Immortal, / then didst Thou slay hades with the lightning of
      Thy Divinity. / And when Thou didst also raise the dead out of the
      nethermost depths, / all the Hosts of the Heavens cried out: // O
      Life-Giver Christ our God, glory be to Thee!

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Glory...

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Both now...

      Kontakion of the Triodion, Tone 1: When Thou, O God, shalt come to
      earth with glory, / and all things tremble, / and the river of fire
      floweth before the Judgment Seat / and the books are opened, and the
      hidden things made public, / then deliver me from the unquenchable
      fire // and deem me worthy to stand at Thy right hand, O most
      righteous Judge.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokeimenon in the 3rd Tone: Great is our Lord, and great
      is His strength, and of His understanding there is no measure.
      Choir: Great is our Lord, and great is His strength, and of His
      understanding there is no measure.
      Reader: Praise ye the Lord, for a psalm is a good thing; let praise be
      sweet unto our God.
      Choir: Great is our Lord, and great is His strength, and of His
      understanding there is no measure.
      Reader: Great is our Lord, and great is His strength
      Choir: and of His understanding there is no measure.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to
      the Corinthians.

      [I Corinthians 8:8-9:2, §140]: Brethren: Meat commendeth us not to
      God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat
      not, are we the worse. * But take heed lest by any means this liberty
      of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. * For if any
      man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple,
      shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat
      those things which are offered to idols; * And through thy knowledge
      shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? * But when ye sin
      so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin
      against Christ. * Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will
      eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to
      offend. * Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus
      Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? * If I be not an
      apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine
      apostleship are ye in the Lord.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 8th Tone:
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Come let us rejoice in the Lord, let us shout with jubilation
      unto God our Savior.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: Let us come before His countenance with thanksgiving, and with
      psalms let us shout in jubilation unto Him.

      [Matthew 25:31-46, §106]: The Lord said: When the Son of man shall
      come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit
      upon the throne of his glory: * And before him shall be gathered all
      nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd
      divideth his sheep from the goats: * And he shall set the sheep on his
      right hand, but the goats on the left. * Then shall the King say unto
      them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the
      kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: * For I was
      an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
      I was a stranger, and ye took me in: * Naked, and ye clothed me: I was
      sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. * Then
      shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
      hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? * When saw we
      thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? * Or
      when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? * And the
      King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch
      as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have
      done it unto me. * Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
      Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the
      devil and his angels: * For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:
      I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: * I was a stranger, and ye
      took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and
      ye visited me not. * Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord,
      when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or
      sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? * Then shall he
      answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not
      to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. * And these shall
      go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life
      eternal.

      DOSTOINIK

      It is truly meet...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Rejoice
      in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Alleluia,
      Alleluia, Alleluia!