26258RE: [ustav] Supplicatory canon to St spy riding?

  • James Silver
    Feb 15, 2014

      Christ is risen!  Truly risen!

      Dear Friends –

      Here, Fr Seraphim Holland implies that only *his* preferred style of English is suitable for the texts of our services.  He’s being arrogant and annoying here, and he has rather little support in the history of vernacularization, particularly among the British and especially among our contemprary Orthodox in England.

      Rather than say ‘proper liturgical English’, it would be better and much more kind of Fr Seraphim to identify the style of his preference, and just ask for that.  If he wants to antiquitize what he gets, that’s up to him – if he can do it.

      Peace and blessings to all.

      Monk James