26049Re: [ustav] Pentecost refrain?

  • Fr David Straut
    Jun 28, 2013
      We use it in our parish.

      A note in the Saint John of Kronstadt Press' *The Order of Divine Services *
      says:

      *In some places, before the irmos of the ninth ode, the deacon chants:*

      The Apostles were amazed seeing the Paraklete, the Holy Spirit, come down
      and appear in the form of fiery tongues.

      *Neither the Slavonic Typicon nor the Pentecostarion mentions this practice.
      *

      Archpriest David Straut