25831Re: [ustav] Lazarus (Moore) Odes

  • Macrina Lewis
    Jan 1, 2013
      Thanks for the tip. I may look into that. You guys are all such a great resource!
      I guess it surprises me quite a bit that there are readers from archaic-language parishes that would use a modern translation of the Psalter liturgically at all. I would not be comfortable "translating" from a modern version in church at all myself. So in our parish, even though I'm publishing this, we will continue to use HTM for everything. At any rate, we will discuss again including the Odes.

      Does anyone know of a modern translation by someone Orthodox of the Odes? I'd feel much better maintaining that kind of consistency in our publication.

      Certainly the best option would be if our UK compadres will include the odes in their archaic version and I can include a modern translation in ours. I'll post and let everyone know when I hear from them.

      In Christ,
      Macrina
      anaphorapress.com